The Orbit Café remodel modernized and reconfigured the kitchen and seating area to feature an innovative menu and point of sale technology.
The project consisted of:
- renovating and reconfiguring existing electrical system to accommodate new kitchen equipment
- refurbishing and installing utility connections for kitchen equipment
- installing an acoustical ceiling in the kitchen
- installing three grease interceptors and two lift station pumps
- installing new exhaust hoods
- installing sixteen hydroponic planters used to grow vegetables and herbs as menu ingredients
- remodeling employee restrooms
- demolishing and installing underground plumbing
- installing ceramic and glass wall tile
- demolishing and installing gypsum board walls
- renovating and installing millwork
- modifying fire alarm and suppression systems
- installing audiovisual systems including twelve 55” T.V.’s and twelve 19” ceiling mounted T.V.’s
The Café opened prior to Thanksgiving with a ‘soft opening” to test new equipment and process prior to the busy holiday season.