The Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, located at the west entrance of Yellowstone National Park in West Yellowstone, MT, was built in 1996 and purchased by Delaware North in 2010. In December of 2015 the company undertook a major project to renovate the hotel’s lobby, continental breakfast area, pool, common spaces, and 103 guestrooms.
Highlights of this project include:
- Replacing 78,000 square feet of carpet. In an effort to reduce solid waste sent to the landfill, Delaware North partnered with a local business, Pierce Flooring, to collect and recycle all of the carpet removed from the hotel.
- A fresh coat of paint applied after the removal of paper and vinyl wall coverings.
- Appointing artwork representative of the Yellowstone region.
- Replacement of all furniture and soft goods. To support GreenPath, the company sourced a local recycling organization and donated over 2 ½ tons of furniture and drapes to be repurposed.
- Replacing the swimming pool, hot tub and sauna.
In 2015 Yellowstone National Park experienced its busiest year in history, with over 4.1 million visitors. Expectations for the 2016 season are high with the celebration of the National Park Service Centennial and “Find Your Park” campaign. Thanks to Delaware North, visitors arriving to the Yellowstone region now have the opportunity stay in the newly renovated Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, one of the nicest hotels in West Yellowstone, MT.
Published January 2016